Sunday, January 16, 2011

THE NFL IS THE BEST

--Anyone pick the New York Jets to beat New England today?  Talk is cheap unless the talk is being done by the Jets.  I don't like either team and there was something about watching the Patriots go gently into that good night that made me very happy; but I'm also not able to watch much post game analysis tonight.  I've had enough Rex Ryan for one year, thanks.

--You often see teams try and copycat other successful teams, so does this mean the NFL will start to become more of a trash talking league?

--Chicago defeated Seattle today and that really couldn't have come as much surprise.  The Bears are going to lose to the lowly Seahawks on their home field?  I don't think so.  Not in the playoffs.

--I'm a little surprised Green Bay handled Atlanta the way they did, considering Matt Ryan's near unbeatable record at home.  Still, anyone not cheering for Brett Favre over the last three years has to be happy for Aaron Rodgers.

--Pittsburgh beat Baltimore in what I thought was a coin toss type of game.  Big Ben maybe an ass, but he comes to play when the games mean something.

For next week, I really hope Green Bay beats the Bears.  I won't be able to watch a Super Bowl with Jay Cutler in it.  He might be the only guy more self absorbed than Rex Ryan.  Oh wait.  A Bears-Jets Super Bowl?  I pass.  Can't say I'm really rooting for Ben and the Steelers though either.

So, here's to Rodgers and the Packers.

1 comment:

  1. Any time you want to talk about Regina snow removal, I would be glad to give you some time. The thing is its actually better this year than it has been in years past. This last bout of snow though has them way behind.

    ReplyDelete