Thursday, December 16, 2010

LOTS OF SNOW, Wi-Fi NOW AT GALLAGER CENTRE

-There have been ads in various local media outlets from the City of Yorkton advising people not to call and complain about a snow grader leaving a big snow bank at the foot of your driveway.  So, if you got a nice surprise yesterday (like our family did) and arrive home to a huge ridge that doesn't even allow you to get into the driveway....don't complain.  The only thing I will say, is that a loader should come by and clear out that area by the fire hydrant at the end of my driveway!

-I would like to see a sidewalk machine remove some snow, especially after a big dumping.  Honestly, if I didn't have a snow blower, there is no way I would shovel the sidewalk at my house.  We live on a corner lot, so there is a sidewalk in front and off to the side.  I've talked to some residents who say they see a snow removal machine on their sidewalk every once in a while.  I'm not trying to say Circlebrooke Drive is more important than any other street, but the traffic (both foot and on wheels) indicates to me that it should rank up there.

-By the way, kudos to the snow removal crews for getting out so quick this week.  Two thumbs up.

-I got an email yesterday from Don Kunkel, who points out the Gallagher Centre is now fully equipped with WiFi internet.  My recent Soapbox column where I mentioned all city recreational areas should have this feature has nothing to do with it.  The process was ongoing at the time of my writing.  One area where we can all affect change at the Gallager Centre, however, is with people abusing the handicapped parking stalls.  Kunkel says there are able bodied individuals using handicapped parking passes because someone in their family may be disabled.  "I see it time and time again and you can't ticket them," he says.  This is one area where we, as citizens, should self-police and make an effort to speak up if we see something like this going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment