Saturday, November 6, 2010

COMMENTS FROM KINDERSLEY-NIPAWIN GAME OF THE WEEK

--There was no hard wired internet feed from the arena, so there was no live streaming last night.  It's puzzling, because we did a couple of games from Nipawin last year and it worked like a charm.  So I am not sure if something has changed from last year or what the issue is.  I'm no techy.  Either way, we'll figure it out for the next time we have to do a game from there.

--Rockie Zinger is a nice guy.  Zinger and Kevin Edgerton are running the Klipper bench in the absence of Larry Wintoneak, who's at the World Junior "A" Challenge.  Zinger was our post game interview guest and he's very well spoken.  There is a future for him in coaching, I believe.

--Johnathan Sonntag is quickly moving up my list of favorite players.  I just like the way he plays the game.  He does everything quite well.  He isn't the best player at any one facet, but I would quickly add him to my team if I was putting one together.

--If Dustin Nickel's performance is any indication of how he's going to perform moving forward, the Klippers may finally have their answer between the pipes.

--Matthew Spafford set up Tanner Dusyk for the sixth Nipawin goal last night and it was a thing of beauty.  Off the top of my head, it was the prettiest goal I've seen this year.  Great hustle by Spafford.  Dusyk, by the way, showed a nice burst of speed when he opened the scoring in the first.

--I really enjoy talking to Doug Johnson and I hope he can get this turned around.  The Hawks were winless in eight prior to the win last night.  But, Johnson is doing everything he can to help right the ship.

--Nipawin's age demographic for attendance might be the oldest in the league.  However, I thought 591 was a good number last night considering the great weather and the fact the team is struggling.  The crowd, old as it may be, ranks as one of the loudest in the league.  It was a good atmosphere last night.

--Interesting promotion:  if the Hawks score seven goals, everyone in attendance gets a free round of golf at Candle Lake.  Jay Boyd could hardly contain himself after 2 periods when the Hawks had five goals.  At the end of the game last night, they held a shooting contest for $30 000.  The prize wasn't given away.

No comments:

Post a Comment