Thursday, September 2, 2010

UNWANTED PHONE CALLS

I am on the warpath with a particular phone number that keeps calling my house.

It is 514-789-1990.  Sometimes, it's 514-789-1991.

Everytime I answer, there is silence and then he, she, or it simply hangs up.

I called SaskTel to see if anything can be done.  Apparently, there really isn't...for now.  If you get these calls, you are supposed to dial *57 immediately and that puts the number into the system for a trace.  Once you get five of them, you can contact SaskTel security.  What happens next, I'm not sure.  I just logged my first one for trace.

Here's my take on it, though:  if I started making random phone calls and hung up on every person that answered on the other line, how long do you think I'd be doing these juvenile tricks before somebody from the phone police would be getting into contact with me?  I bet it would be long before I make 5 to the same number.  I'm thinking 5 total might get me in some hot water.

Google 514-789-1990 and you'll see I'm not the only one getting the nuisance calls.

I get the marketing firms.  I don't like them, but I get them.  I understand they have a job to do, blah, blah, blah.  Because of that, I'm willing to put up with the odd one.  I'll answer surveys when contacted.  I'm not hard to get along with in that regard.  But, I hate the hang-ups.

If you get a call from this number, do the *57 and after five, contact SaskTel Security (the number is given out after you dial *57) and let me know what happens.  Once I get five (and I will) I will post on this blog what direction I get from SaskTel.

No comments:

Post a Comment