Thursday, September 2, 2010

THEY CALLED ME A 3RD TIME

Well, 514-789-1990 called me again.

This time I was on the phone like white on rice.

1/2 a ring.  I answer.  Nothing.  I yell into the phone a second time 'HELLO!'

A dud on the other end says, "Oh, uh, hi."

Anyway, he goes into a spiel about being a representative of Health Canada.

Yep, that's right folks.  A government agency is placing harassing phone calls.

Do you think our tax dollars would be better served going into actual 'care' or are we better off phoning residents three times over the span of three hours?

I'm going to fill out the form on the bottom of this site to complain.  I would suggest you do the same in the event you get similar calls.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/contact/index-eng.php

I suppose there is always a chance it's not really Health Canada.  Well, hopefully Health Canada will have more of a pull than Mike Stackhouse and these people can be shut down.

Here's what I wrote:

 I was called 3 times today by 514-789-1990.


Two times, there was nobody on the other line.


A third time, after I yelled into the phone a couple of times I finally got a human being.


He told me he was with Health Canada.


Surely, there has got to be a better way to do market surveys.  Honestly, I would do the 12-minute survey; but not after you've called me twice in the previous two hours only to hang up.


As a private citizen, I could face criminal charges if I phoned someone 3 times in 3 hours  and hung up twice!


How can a government office get away with this?


I should point out I have been called, an estimated 12-15 times in the month of August and each time (as far as I know) there has never been someone on the other line.  Tonight was the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment