Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A ROUGHRIDER DOZEN

--I see Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Ken Miller and quarterback Darian Durant have addressed the handful of 'too many men' penalties that have been called against the team since last year's Grey Cup.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this other than to say if I was coaching a team that lost the Grey Cup based on a 'too many men' penalty, I would have measures in place for real tough in-house penalties for such guilty parties that result in the team taking those penalties the following season.  While that may be in place, the Riders just about lost the season opener because of a 'too many men' penalty late in the game and had two of them called against them last week.  I talked after the 31-2 loss that 'accountability' is something I wanted to see from the powers that be.  I think that question was answered very well against Calgary and also in the win over Hamilton.   But, the frequent 'too many men' calls have become so funny words cannot describe.

--My son had a couple of fillings done at the dentist today.  I'm not sure if Ken Cottenie is taking patients, but if you need a dentist, Dr. Cottenie comes highly recommended from me.

--I'm going to write more later on the MJHL and SJHL.  I have a few observations now that the first two weekends are over and I'll share them, hopefully, later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment