Tuesday, September 7, 2010

DONATING TO POLITICAL PARTIES

I have no problem admitting I have voted for the Saskatchewan Party in each provincial election since I moved to Saskatchewan and I have been a steady Conservative Party voter for most of my adult life (at least ever since the Conservate/Reform merger).

While I admit to supporting these parties with votes, I also have to say my support stops at the ballot box.  I will not ever donate cash to a political party when canvassed over the phone by a telemarketer.  Frankly, I find those kinds of calls insulting.  The major parties all have a war chest of money and don't need my $200. In fact, I told one gentleman who was looking for a donation that if he continued to get pushy with me I would be phoning my representative's office and letting him know my support come election time may go somewhere else because I didn't appreciate my 'no' for an answer was not taken at face value.

Speaking of politics and telemarketers, I have absolutely no update to report on the harassing phone calls I had been receiving, apparently from Health Canada.  I emailed Health Canada looking for some sort of explanation and I haven't heard back.  It's been about a week.  Nobody is so busy that a simple email can't be replied to within this amount of time.  Nevertheless, I haven't been called by that phone number since.

No comments:

Post a Comment