Thursday, April 11, 2013

RANK YOUR HOSPITAL

The more I watch and read the CBC, the more I think they just may be the only the REAL journalism outfit in this country.

This is a great piece that appeared on The Fifth Estate and is now on their website.

I encourage you to find your hospital and rank it.  The more people that do this, the more accurate the rankings are, likely, to be.

Here's Yorkton:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/features/ratemyhospital/profiles/saskatoon-city-hospital/

Here's Melville:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/features/ratemyhospital/profiles/st-peters-hospital/

And, here's the page where you can search for any hospital in Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/features/ratemyhospital/findahospital.html

1 comment:

  1. As a lifelong resident of Yorkton, it is no surprise I've had my fair share of experiences in Yorkton Reg. Medical surgeries and simple day procedures all done by our Dr's and nurses, in our facility. However after recently having elective knee replacements, yes both knees, I have had the opportunity to compare to another hospital. In the Sasaktoon hospital I felt like I was part of the 'team'. Yes, I was the patient, but my success was on my participation and the knowledge of the Dr's, nurses, and physio therapists. Everyone was informed of my needs and all were met.
    In Yorkton Reg. I was often felt like a burden. I was the patient yet no one told me anything. I had many questions yet no one to answer them. Are we not specialized here enough for our nurses to have confidence and knowledge? Are our nurses understaffed and overworked? Do we not have enough Dr's?
    I love Yorkton. I will never leave. It did take leaving to realize things here do need to be improved.
    It's rating is correct in my opinion. - Donalea F.

    ReplyDelete