Friday, June 1, 2012

SOAPBOX AMENDMENT (Yorkton This Week May 30)

Because of the holiday Monday last week, I missed the deadline with Yorkton This Week, so they ran last week's version this week.

However, we had to take out the part on the Yorkton Film Festival since it has already come and gone.  It was replaced with this paragraph:


I’ve been hard on the Yorkton City RCMP for their vigilance on traffic offenses near the trouble spot area on Broadway located near the Parker Quine parking lot, as there have been an incredible amount of accidents there (sense the sarcasm).  The crosswalk near McDonald’s just further down the street is a different story.  What I would like to hear from the public through email submissions to me or through a letter to this newspaper is where do you think the trouble spots in the city are?  I’ve volunteered my driveway on Circlebrooke Drive a couple of times, but I don’t think it’s ever been used to nab traffic offenders.  Saturday night, I witnessed the second serious t-bone accident on Mountview and Circlebrooke in as many years.  I fear there’s going to be a death there and implore Yorkton City RCMP to vacate the comfort of the Parker Quine parking lot for an area on Circlebrooke that may slow people down and save lives.

3 comments:

  1. Our son was involved in this as a passenger in the t-boned car. Shaken, sore, busted glasses but alive and well. The yield sign, he tells me was a little misplaced, and obstructed by a tree or brush. Accident happened on a Sat. Nite, City moved the sign on Monday. Please report signs that need to be moved, or have vegetation cut from around them. The life you save may be your own or a loved one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCHOOL ZONES. Red lights. 4-way stops. Wrong-way driving by the liquor store. Driving 25 km on Broadway. Put the radar gun on any main artery, Circlebrooke included, I'll help count the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mike on this all the way. Parker Quine?? RCMP should try the residential areas. Kids playing baseball or road hockey or biking or whatever are at risk here. Grabbing people for sliding slowly and carefully through a stop sign is ridiculous. Try a blitz at the roundabout, or Tim Horton's.

    ReplyDelete