Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CELL PHONE TICKET ISSUED TO SENIOR CITIZEN

I guess I need more information on this one; but the first questions I have are:  can police conduct a search to see if there is a cell phone in the vehicle.  Legal or not, if I didn't have a cell phone, I'd happily jump out and tell the officers to fill their boots looking for one.  The second question is, does this man have a cellular account with any of the providers?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/police-defend-issuing-of-ticket-141718633.html

My overall feeling is that this 'clamping down on traffic violations' is nothing more than a cash grab.  You never hear of a 'clamping down' on actual criminal offenses.  Never.

By the way, it sounds like there will be another blitz in the Yorkton area any day now.  So, set your cruise control to 49km/h in the residential areas and make sure you stop for 3-5 seconds at all stop signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment