Sunday, December 5, 2010

NO PARKING AT TRAVELODGE

Our family spent the weekend in Regina for our kids' soccer tournament and we coughed up over $130 a night to stay at the Travelodge on Albert Street South.  Ordinarily, I have no beef with this as we've stayed at this hotel before and it's a good place; but this time it was a total inconvenience as it appears as though the hotel does not have enough parking stalls to accomodate all of its guests.  Friday night, I checked in at the front desk and was told by a front staffer, who was very nice, that I had plenty of options for parking.  As he was going through them all, I kept saying that I already knew these areas were full.  Finally, he tells me to park at the chiropractor's office because he's closed on Saturdays and I won't get towed.  Well, I find out that lot is also full!  Fortunately, the Shoppers Drug Mart across the street had an available spot (notice I said 'spot' and not 'spots').  I parked in front of Shoppers both nights of our stay.  To me, this is unacceptable.  In their defense, the Travelodge will park for you if you leave your vehicle in front of the hotel.  They'll wait for a spot to open up and then take your vehicle to that particular stall.  Still, it's inconvenient and I think we'll switch for the next time we have to go in late January.

My favorite pizza is Vern's Pizza; but I can't order from there because they no longer deliver.  Imagine going to pick up a pizza from Vern's and then returning to the Travelodge to try and park!  Besides, as good as it is...don't you have to able to do deliveries in order to be taken seriously?

We came home tonight to discover our big inflatable snowman had been slashed to pieces and destroyed by vandals over the weekend.   It takes a real brave person to do something like that when there's nobody around. 

Sounds like I didn't have a very good weekend, but it's not true.  Yorkton United played very well in all age groups; especially the one that our son was playing with, the U-10 Division 2, as they emerged gold medal winners.  Jordan Rusnak has a future in this game.  I think he scored 10 goals in four games, but I also wasn't keeping a firm count.  He may have had more!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel Mike... My Christmas lights were also torn apart... the crazy part, It was 11:00pm and I was home and heard something from the basement, didn't think anything of it.(sounded like a loud vehicle) Luckily my inflatable snowman and presents were undamaged but dragged into the neighbors yard. (who hates Christmas lights?) Days before I had some sort of gang logo painted onto my garage door. Its sickening.

    ReplyDelete