Sunday, November 21, 2010

CALGARY CALL-IN SHOW

I'm listening to the Calgary Stampeders' call-in show on the radio and it's pretty funny listening to some other team's clueless fans and homer announcers.

The announcers are saying Andre Proulx just called the worst game in CFL history and that's why they lost. 

Fans are throwing Henry Burris under the bus, and some are even calling for Drew Tate to take over next year with a new offensive play caller on the sidelines (Dave Dickenson is taking some heat tonight) and a new defensive coordinator.

My take on Proulx:  He's almost always bad, but today I thought he wasn't a factor in the win/loss.  The big complaint is with the taunting call in the second half on (I think) Nik Lewis or Romby Bryant.  I can't remember who was flagged, but the reality is that the Stamps are the worst team in the league when it comes to this nonsense.  Enough is enough and whether or not it was 'that bad' is irrelevant.

On Burris:  He doesn't play well against Saskatchewan.  He's 0-and-4 in the playoffs against them.  Maybe they should throw him under the bus.  I didn't think he lost them the game, but he didn't do anything to help win either; whereas Darian Durant did help his team.  I've said for two years that I'd rather have Durant than Burris anyway and I think Stamp fans are seeing and understanding why right about now.

On Dickenson:  I don't know the Stamps well enough to comment, but both he and Defensive Coordinator Chris Jones are on Eric Tillman's short list with Edmonton.

1 comment: