Monday, October 18, 2010

ON MY MIND MONDAY MORNING

The Yorkton Dairy Queen is coming down this morning and I figure there may be an accident or two from the gawkers who are caught at the traffic lights on Broadway checking out the action.

The New York Yankees make me laugh.  If you factor in what the players on the Yankees are making and what the players on the Texas Rangers are making, then this is what you should consider:  the Yankees playing Texas is like me having a 1-on-1 soccer game with my six year-old daughter and me going full-out to beat her at this 1-on-1 game and then celebrating like crazy after I finally eke out the victory.  The Yanks have nothing to be proud of.  All they have is a task at hand to prevent utter embarrassment.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders and San Diego Chargers may be twins separated at birth.  Or, perhaps best linked by the fact each is the worst coached team in their respective league.

If you are an adult and you interact frequently with teenagers, think twice before 'friending' them on Facebook.  A story published this morning in the New York Post suggests four teachers have been fired for inappropriate relationships with students on the social networking site.  One particular dork allegedly postd a tagline that said, "I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look inside."  See ya.

I don't think I can stomach the details of Col. (used as loose as you can use the word, in fact I use it sarcastically) Russell Williams and his double murder, sex assaults court case.  The man doesn't deserve to live, but he should anyway.  I would suggest putting him in general population and whatever happens...happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment