Friday, September 24, 2010

ANDREW KRYSTAL DOESN'T LIKE WINNIPEG

New Fan590 morning man Andrew Krystal took a nice shot at Winnipeg yesterday after he had Gary Bettman on his program talking about the possibility of Quebec City and Winnipeg getting NHL franchises.

After Bettman was finished, Krystal was bantering with another announcer.  "I was in Quebec City for four days this summer and I love Quebec City.  It is an expanded marketplace from where it was previously.  It would be amazing.  Everybody still has Nordiques shirts there.  They still use that logo."

"What bothers me is Winnipeg.  That is the most boring city on the planet.  The provincial bird in Winnipeg is the mosquito.  If I was offered a job in Winnipeg, I wouldn't take it.  I'm not interested in ever going to Winnipeg.  I wouldn't go if The Fan moved to Winnipeg.  I went to Halifax when I wanted a change from TO.  I wouldn't go to Winnipeg.  You have the worst of a continental climate.  Winnipeg, there's nothing for me there.  I would maybe set up a business if someone else runs it."

I suppose I should help clarify for Andrew that if the mosquito is, in fact, the provincial bird, it would be the provincial bird for Manitoba as Winnnipeg is a city and not a province.  Also, it doesn't sound like Andrew has been to Winnipeg recently, so I'll let him know that there is quite a bit of Jets merchandise still kicking around too.  I haven't been to Quebec City, so I can't comment on the ease of buying something Nordiques.

My thought is that both of these cities are dreaming in technicolor.  The NHL isn't coming anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment