Monday, August 9, 2010

WHY MY VERSION OF CAMPING IS A HOTEL

CBC News - Nova Scotia - Coyote attacks girl in N.S. national park

I must admit, I've gotten used to our camper. Tenting? I would never do that.

On a side note, we spent part of the July Long Weekend (not all of it because of the flooding) at Riding Mountain National Park in Wasagaming, Manitoba. There was a notice to all campers about a bear in the park. Well, Mike's Luck says the bear would be right in the campsite that I was attempting to park in. Anyway, the bear eventually scatters and we don't see him again. But, that doesn't mean he isn't returning. Because of the flood, we went back to Yorkton and left the camper to see what the damage was. Once we had things under control, we returned to Clear Lake to finish our camping trip. I look at the gazebo and there are noticeable bear paw prints all over the side of it.

Give me my Super 8, my fresh bed sheets, a hot shower in the morning and I'm happy. That's camping!

It's like my boss (Kirk Weinmaster) once asked me, "Why do people work so hard for 51 weeks a year just so they can afford to pretend they are homeless for that 1 week?"

No comments:

Post a Comment