Sunday, August 29, 2010

RIDERS LOSE TO EDMONTON

A few thoughts about this game, although I didn't watch it as close as I usually watch.

How many times will Jim Daley be hired as a coach on the Saskatchewan Roughriders before it's determined he doesn't do a good job?  I am not a CFL historian, being a relative new fan (the last 10 years), but hasn't he been hired and fired by this team a couple of times already?  The special teams are a laughing stock and I say for this two people have to pay:  Daley and Dominique Dorsey.  Dorsey is getting a lot of money to suck.  Enough is enough.

Speaking of enough is enough, this is the halfway mark and I'm ready to pass judgement on a couple of things:

Darian Durant reads his own press clippings and it has to stop.  Remember his two game start where he had 6 touchdowns and 0 interceptions?  I think it's 5 TDS and 12 INTS since then.  Horrible.  Tonight was a night where we should have seen Ryan Dinwiddie, even if it was for two or three series' just to see if some momentum could be established (see Zambransky in for Ray).

Chris Getzlaf has to make some of those catches.  The heat is on Prechae Rodriguez and rightfully so.  Getzlaf isn't helping either, but I sense he gets a free pass because he's from Regina. 

I would like to see Jordan Sisco now please.

Can we try Hugh Charles on returns?

I got a sense of overconfidence with this game, so I'm not entirely surprised at the result.

Let's put things in perspective:  It's not a crushing loss.  The Riders are still comfortably in second place and the real test will be seeing how they respond to having played poorly.  Will they make the Blue Bombers pay on Labour Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment