Friday, August 13, 2010

QUICK THOUGHTS ON RIDER GAME

--BC is terrible.  Just awful.  I don't feel bad for Wally Buono at all.  I sit 9 rows up from field level and he's a miserable son of a gun to just about everyone he comes into contact with during the game.  I guess I'd be in a bad mood too if I was him, but still.

--Another example of political correctness gone way over the top:  The public address announcer referred to the folks on the sidelines as Roughrider CheerPeople.  I think I heard Cheer Team later in the game.  Still....

--There are some real obnoxious Roughrider fans.  I was waiting to meet someone after the game and a couple of BC fans got big-time heckled.  Actually, heckled is too nice a word.  I thought one of them was going to be assaulted.  I mentioned this to someone yesterday and he replied, "Well, I was in Tim Horton's (in Regina) today and a lady wearing a BC Lions shirt had a timbit thrown at her."

--A police car leaving the game last night didn't escape the fans either.  Some tough guys pounded on the trunk as it went by.

--I saw Matt Dominguez leaving Mosaic Stadium last night wearing a Don Narcisse jersey.

--I happened to walk into the stadium with the Boechler family last night.  Luke's transplant has been delayed three or four times, but still slated to happen at some point in the near future.  Luke's mom says doctors indicate it may be a blessing in disguise for him so that he can rebuild some strength.  Luke was at the game last night and I thought he looked real good.  Keep the family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment