Monday, August 16, 2010

FAR BEYOND MY UNDERSTANDING

This story is further evidence that what goes on in Afghanistan is far beyond anything I can possibly understand.  A husband and wife were stoned to death for eloping.  The husband's father and brother participated in the execution as well as the woman's brother.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/17/world/asia/17stoning.html?_r=2&hp

It would probably be cheaper to develop the frostland of northern Canada by conducting interviews with Afghan citizens and determining which ones want to leave and start a new life somewhere else.  The ones that either don't want to leave or are deemed to be terrorist in nature can stay in Afghanistan and live under the anarchy and archaic laws that exist there.  I know it is over simplifying everything, but more people would get a chance at a better life than what goes on there now even if errors of up to 10% were made when making decisions.

I read a story like the link above and then see the bleeding hearts for Omar Khadr and I shake my head.

Again, I just don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment